Dog Owners Should Be on High Alert for Chocolate Poisoning Over the Holidays, Vets Warn

You already know the holiday season’s steady stream of sweets and treats takes a toll on your waistline—but experts say it may also pose a risk to your pets. Veterinarians see an increase in food-related illnesses—particularly those caused by chocolate, which pets can’t digest well—from Halloween through Christmas, says Michael Topper…

via Dog Owners Should Be on High Alert for Chocolate Poisoning Over the Holidays, Vets Warn — TIME